Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Give Thanks Bulletin Board

 Hello Fall!  Here is my fall hallway bulletin board:
 I keep the tree and owl border up all year and rotate other decorations.  For fall, I added yellow, orange, and red leaves to the tree and we made a pumpkin patch.  The cute origami pumpkins are just the tradition Japanese origami  "balloon" done in shades of orange and topped with a curly green pipe cleaner.  They are tied onto green yarn for a vine and stapled on the board.   (FYI- Teaching origami to a room full of children is not for the faint of heart, no matter how obedient and crafty your kids are.  Don't say that I didn't warn you.)

The kids then wrote something that they are thankful for on the pumpkin die cuts.  I made the title "I will give thanks to the Lord with my whole heart." ~Psalm 9:2.  The end result is very colorful, and the kids really like it!

I also printed out the same title, but instead of cutting it apart for a bulletin board, taped the four sheets of paper together and made a banner for inside the classroom:
 
You might notice that these match my coloring page from earlier this week:
You can get the coloring page in this post.

You can make the same type of poster or bulletin board!
Click here for the four page printable title for the bulletin board:

4 comments:

  1. Do you do stitchery, because your lettering reminds me of embroidery. Just love it. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sew, but don't do much embroidery. Thanks for the compliment, though!

      Delete
  2. Where can I get the pumpkin printable can i get a copy of one please and thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! The pumpkin cards were something that I purchased in a teacher store. They likely have something available from shops like Teacher Created Resources. I don't have it as a printable, sorry!

      Delete